With the introduction of Apple Search Ads API v4, Apple Search Ads has updated the API integration method. To access API v4, all users are required to renew their integration with the new authorization method called OAuth 2.0.
Here are the 2 steps you need to follow and it takes around 3 minutes to complete:
1.Login into SearchAds.com;
1.1. Existing Account Integration
If you want to renew an existing integration with this new method, simply go to the Integration page on the dashboard.
When the page loads, you’ll see a "Sign in with Apple" option available on SearchAds.com dashboard. When you click on "Sign in with Apple" button, it will redirect you to the Apple’s dashboard where you need to sign in to your Apple account.
1.2. New Account Integration (Onboarding)
If you are a new user and want to integrate your Apple Search Ads account from scratch you'll be directed to this link when you log in.
After filling out the form and signing up, you’ll see a "Sign in with Apple" option available on SearchAds.com dashboard. When you click on "Sign in with Apple" button, it will redirect you to the Apple Search Ads’ dashboard where you need to sign in to your Apple Search Ads account.
2. Grant Access
After signing in to Apple Search Ads, you will be on the access page. Please kindly select the account you want to authorize and select "Read & Write" access, and then click on ‘’Grant Access’’ button.
Once you proceed, the integration will be done and you will be redirected to the SearchAds.com dashboard.
3. Remove the Certificate Integration
After you are done with OAuth 2.0 integration, please delete the certificate from the Integration page.
You need to have Admin level permission to grant access to the Apple Search Ads Account.
2. You have to give SearchAds.com Read & Write access. You have 2 options here:
- Account Read & Write - This option grants Read & Write access to all campaign groups within the account. If Account level access is granted, syncing of new accounts will handled automatically.
- Limited access - This option grants access to certain campaign groups you choose within the account.
Please note that, if you do not grant Read & Write access to the campaign groups that you want to manage on SearchAds.com, you will not be able to take any actions on the campaigns through SearchAds.com platform. Therefore, if you want to move forward with the Limited Access option, make sure to list all campaign groups that need to be accessible by SearchAds.com.
IMPORTANT: If you are renewing an existing integration with this method, you need to grant access to SearchAds.com to all the campaign groups that you have been managing on SearchAds.com, and any new campaign groups that you want to add.
3. If you have multiple Apple Search Ads accounts, you need to integrate all of them separately by repeating these steps above.
4. If you are starting Apple Search Ads from scratch, you need to create a campaign in your Apple Search Ads account first for you to be able to see your app in SearchAds.com. The campaign will be just a dummy, so it can be with a really low budget and you can pause it after the integration.
After completing these steps, you’re good to go!You should be able to see your recently uploaded API certificate on the Integration page.
Below is a quick tutorial of this easy process:
Feel free to reach out to us if you run into any issues during your integration process.